Level 3 (NVQ) Diploma in Occupational Work Supervision
This course is perfect for someone working in the construction or built environment who holds a role to have to supervise the work of others and provides the learner with knowledge of what the best way to be able to supervise within these environments.
These qualifications are based solely on site in your chosen trade area.
You will produce an NVQ portfolio based on the work you complete whilst in employment.
Some of the units that you will complete are:
- Allocating and monitoring for use of plant, machinery or equipment in the workplace
- Confirming the occupational method of work in the workplace
- Confirming work activities and resources for an occupational work area in the workplace
- Confirming work meets quality standards in the workplace
- Contributing to the circulation of construction related project information in the workplace
- Co-ordinating and confirming dimensional control requirements of the work in the workplace
- Co-ordinating and organising work operations in the workplace
- Developing and maintaining good occupational working relationships in the workplace
- Implementing and maintaining health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Implementing procedures to support the team’s performance in the workplace
- Monitoring progress of work against schedules in the workplace
You will be regularly visited on site by an Assessor who will assist you in gathering the needed evidence to prove competence
On site assessment only
Applicants with no formal qualifications but relevant work experience will be considered following a guidance interview.
Interview with a specialist tutor.
Questions & Answers
How is the course assessed?
Theory – Knowledge test for each unit Practical – Continual assessment of practical work throughout the year.
Are there any opportunities for progression?
All successful students may consider progressing onto a HND or NHC with another provider.