Level 2 (NVQ) Diploma in Painting and Decorating
This qualification is based solely on site in your chosen trade area.
You will produce an NVQ portfolio based on the work you complete whilst in employment.
Some of the units that you will complete are:
* Conforming to General Safety in the Workplace
* Conforming to Efficient Working Practices in the Workplace
* Moving and Handling Resources in the Workplace
* Erecting and Dismantling Access/Working Platforms in the Workplace
* Preparing Surfaces for Painting/Decorating in the Workplace
* Applying Paint Systems by Brush and Roller in the Workplace
More information will be available at enrolment.
You will be regularly visited on site by an assessor who will assist you in gathering the needed evidence to prove competence.
Applicants will be expected to be in relevant employment with the support of an employer who can offer work that supports NVQ completion.
For applicants aged 16 – 24 NSPP have a range of vacancies available with employers, those without an employer will be given job seeking assistance by NSPP.
Interview with relevant member of staff.
Candidates are required to show enthusiasm and commitment to the course.
Questions & Answers
How is the course assessed?
Assessment takes place out on site by a qualified assessor.
Are there any opportunities for progression?
On completion of your Level 2 Painting and Decorating NVQ you can progress on to the Level 3 Painting and Decorating NVQ, alternatively you may consider a Level 3 OWS NVQ for a career in construction management.
Employment opportunities include self-employment as well as working for small and large companies